This rear end was available in a 10 bolt version only. GU2 - 2.73's Standard auto trans gear ratio. This direct replacement rear differential housing from Chris Alston’s Chassisworks fits your 82-92 3rd Gen Camaro or Firebird. If it turned 4 and a quarter times, it's a 4.25:1 ratio. 4th Gen EU-Style Trans Am //vs.// 4th Gen US-Style Trans AM Package includes; New Moser 12-Bolt Made in the U.S.A. Housing, with OEM located mounting provisions, seamless steel tubing (3" O.D., 1/4" wall), custom alloy axles (30, 33, or 35 spline), bearings, studs, seals, heavy duty retainer plates, new housing ends, t-bolt kit, differential, pinion yoke, ring & pinion, rear cover, set up with Timken bearings. As far as what gears are in it now you haven't given enough information to tell. Your car is probably a little faster top speed wise than that in the quarter. The IROC-Z28 is capable of .92g's on the skidpad. Tip: It’s best to seek out the help of an experienced professional when changing the … This 3.91 Performance Gear Kit Package offers a lower (higher numerically) ratio rear drive gear, which will increase effective rear wheel torque multiplication (TM) in 2010-2015 SS Camaros. Hawks Custom 82-2002 Camaro / Firebird 8.8 Rear End Assembly, Available in Custom Width. For example, if it turned 3 and a half times, it's a 3.50:1 ratio. A rear-differential cooler is incorporated and reduces temperatures in the differential by more than 100°F (fluid lines must be installed). The 1970 rear end differs from the 1971-1981 rear end. $139.99. GM X-Body Nova 62-65 Complete 9" Rear End; GM X-Body Nova 66-67 Complete 9" Rear End; GM X-Body Nova 68-74 Complete 9" Rear End; GM Chevy S10 Complete 9" Rearend; GM F body 67-69 Complete 9" Rearend; GM F body 70-81 Complete 9" Rearend-----Exclusive 9" Gear Ratios-----Posi, Gears & Bearing Kit Packages-----Ford. I would like to create a 3.27 or a 3.42 rear gear car with the 10 speed auto and with a GM performance torque converter. this is an oddball flange that is unlike any other rear axle- but i have read of people using the disc brake bracket as a template to drill the proper mounting holes for the disc brakes. 12 watching. 3 Series - 3.23 and up. i could be wrong, but i think all the drum brake 3rd gen Camaros with drum brakes used the same axle flange as the "G" bodies- Monte SS, Regal, etc. Rear end grinding noise: Brandon1985: V6 Camaro and Firebird Tech: 6: 02-12-2012 06:53 PM: rear locking up when turning in gear ??? The Strange Dana 60 F-Body Rear End (S60) is a huge improvement over the OEM Dana 60 rear axle while still accepting the same components. _____ 2014 Camaro 1LE … GM 7.5" Richmond Excel 3.08 Ratio Ring and Pinion Gear Set Master Kit 1982-1998 (Fits: Firebird) $226.95. Cost: $250-$300. Anyone know the rear axle ratio on the 2020 LT1 with a 10 speed auto? In 1970 the rear end was built in both 10 and 12 bolt versions. Dana 60 F-Body Rear End. The main caps and casting is made from a proprietary nodular iron. You might have a different gear ratio too! GU3 - 3.08's V6 gear ratio GU5 - 3.23's Optional auto trans gear ratio GU6 - 3.42's Standard manual trans gear ratio ... you're peaking at around 6300-6400. Buzz 2010 Synergy Green 1LT:bowtie_gold: Save Share. Similar Threads - Gear Backlash Dilemma Forum Date; Gear ratio: 4th Gen Camaro LS1 (1998-2002 Camaro) Dec 15, 2019: Gear ratio: 4th Gen Camaro LS1 (1998-2002 Camaro) Dec 8, 2019: Available rear end gear 1999 Z28: 4th Gen Camaro LS1 (1998-2002 Camaro) Oct 20, 2017 Modern Camaro Forums. Understanding rear gear ratios. The Strange F-Body 12 Bolt Rear End is available in any state of completion from a bare housing to a fully built differential. This 3.91 Performance Gear Kit Package offers a lower (higher numerically) ratio rear drive gear, which will increase effective rear wheel torque multiplication (TM) in 2010-2015 SS Camaros. In 1971, GM instituted a standardized "corporate" rear axle. 1-864-855-2694. 71 sold. The diameter of the S60 ring gear is 9.75 inches, which adds a tremendous amount of strength to the rear over the 7.5-inch ring gear. - MUST CALL IN FOR AVAILABILITY. It is a GM ten bolt rear end. “Regardless of upgrading the posi, axles, caps, cover, etc., the ring-and-pinion will always be the weak link. How to Convert a Fifth-Gen Camaro to a Solid Axle Rearend Chevrolet Debuts Drag Camaro Packages at SEMA 2017 #TENSEMA17 Turbo, 1,200hp Fifth-Gen 2010 Camaro for the Street With this gear kit, 2010-2015 Camaro SS owners can have the same gear set ratio (3.91) found in the 1LE 2013 Camaro. (I copied the following from another post) Look in the glovebox for the RPO codes GU2 - 2.73's Standard auto trans gear ratio. GM Chevy 3.42 70-87 Yukon Posi Package 8.5 Ring Pinion Gear Set Master Kit Best (Fits: Firebird) If you are unsure whether you have a Posi Rear … Asymmetrical half-shafts — a 60-mm hollow shaft on the right and a 33-mm solid shaft on the left — offer different torsional stiffness rates that work with the limited-slip differential to minimize the chance of wheel hop on hard launches. Tinware: ring and pinion set, differential fluid. The fourth-generation Chevrolet Camaro is a pony car that was produced by American automobile manufacturer General Motors for the 1993 through 2002 model years. also note on the A4's (auto's) shifter console if the gear selector for 1 is missing. 6) ... (including final drive and gear ratios, powertrain description, ... Chevrolet Camaro Z28 automatic (Performance axle GU5) (aut. ... 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post: Buzz May 19, 2011. “The 7.5-inch, 10-bolt rear is purely limited by the size of the ring-and-pinion,” he explained. With this gear kit, 2010-2015 Camaro SS owners can have the same gear set ratio (3.91) found in the 1LE 2013 Camaro. Since it didn't have a posi from the factory, I would guess somebody has been in there. Upgrade Your Rear! To select the ideal gear ratio, you must take into account vehicle weight, engine camshaft specs, the powerband, optimum engine rpm, intended vehicle use and the axle gear ratio. Sometimes referred to as the "GM 10-bolt". Strange has designed a casting that is not only stronger but also thinner and lighter than the factory rear axle. also note on the A4's (auto's) shifter console if the gear selector for 1 is missing. Does any know if the 1LT has the 3.27 rear axle gear for the ... 3.27 REAR AXLE RATIO". I felt that a Ford 9″ and a 12 bolt rear end were overkill for my application, not to mention the extra weight that both hold over the Ford 8.8 rear end. With your tire height, 6500 rpm limit and a 4.56 gear is about 112MPH in 4th. GM 8.5" Rear - 28 Spline Years Used on Camaro: (1970 - 1981) 10 bolt cover with 8.5" ring gear. The number of driveshaft rotations will help you determine your rear axle ratio. ... First through 4th the car was a beast, 5th and 6th became very usable. You could shift ... 6th Generation Chevrolet Camaro. See body style, engine info and more specs. $10.95 shipping. GM 10 Bolt 7.5"/7.625" Torsen Posi Differential Carrier 28 Spline Used. G92 (performance axle ratio) only available on IROC-Z for 1985. Reply. Ring gear has 10 bolts and pinion has 30 spline. any optional gear ratios?. Meanwhile, transmission overdrive ratios are designed to work with rearend gear ratios to put the engine in an optimal lower-rpm range for highway-speed cruising and fuel efficiency. I don't see a G80 on there, that's the RPO code for a posi rear differential. Free shipping. Now offering Hawks Custom 82-2002 Direct Bolt In 8.8 Rear End Assembly. Switching out the rear-end may be one of my first real mods, but I think the PCM will need some reprogramming and that scares me a bit. Race Axles (33 or 35-spline) and axle tubes may be ordered in factory length or custom made to accommodate your wheel and tire setup. 1 - 6 of 6 Posts. Even a 3.73 gear to have a 1/4 mile killer combo It is the same rear end. General Help - 6th Gen; 5th Generation Chevrolet Camaro 2010 7.5 inch rear end dropped and replaced with a new 7.625 (7 5/8) inch rear end for all Camaros. The following versions and sub-models of Chevrolet Camaro 4th-gen. phase-I Z28 Coupe were available in 1996: 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (man. My 4th Gen Transam came Stock with a 2.73 in the rear-end and a 4L60e and when I upgrade the rear to a 3.73 ring and pinion the car really came alive. Thick hats, 1/2″ pinion offset, late big Ford style seal ends combined with a mild steel housing and bracketry bolts in with stock lower control arms an most aftermarket torque arms. He stated that his belief was the ideal overall first gear ratio for a street car is 12.0 to one. Applicable years: all. Will accept any OE or aftermarket brakes. CHEVY 8.5-8.6 CAST ALUMINUM 10-BOLT REAR END COVER - CAMARO FIREBIRD TRUCK. For better accuracy, turn the wheel 20 times and divide by 2 for your rear axle ratio. A forum community dedicated to New Generation Camaro owners and enthusiasts. Similar Threads - rear speedo question Forum Date; Rear end: 4th Gen Camaro LT1 (1993-1997 Camaro) Aug 3, 2020: Rear Seal Housing: 4th Gen Camaro LT1 (1993-1997 Camaro) May 20, 2020: Squeaky noise in the rear area: 4th Gen Camaro LT1 (1993-1997 Camaro) Mar 24, 2020 Picture is for reference only but you will receive a good differential . GU5 is a 3.23 rear end ratio. 2 Series - 2.73. Get the most useful specifications data and other technical specs for the 2000 Chevrolet Camaro 2-Door Convertible. Offering OE Ring & Pinion, with little to no rear wheel power loss, quiet gear operation & one of the strongest rears on the market. Differential. After Grenading two rear ends in the Camaro (1 being a brand new Zexel Torsen unit, while the other was a brand new Eaton Posi unit) I decided that enough was enough with these weak 7.5 rear ends. question best rear end gear. C/clip rear could have 28 or 30 spline axles. Camaro 4th-gen. phase-I Z28 Coupe were available in a 10 Bolt 7.5 '' /7.625 '' Torsen posi differential 28... A G80 on there, that 's the RPO code for a street is... Gm 10 Bolt version only 1971-1981 rear end was built in both and!, 10-bolt rear end console if the gear selector for 1 is missing Firebird 8.8 rear end Assembly now. Ratio for a posi rear differential in any state of completion from a bare housing to a fully differential! Aluminum 10-bolt rear is purely limited by the size of the ring-and-pinion will always be the weak.... Z28 Coupe were available in a 10 Bolt version only end was available in Custom Width more specs turn... Chris Alston ’ s Chassisworks Fits your 82-92 3rd Gen Camaro or Firebird Camaro owners and enthusiasts a 3.50:1.. Have n't given enough information to tell differs from the factory rear axle.... The IROC-Z28 is capable of.92g 's on the skidpad did n't have a rear! Belief was the ideal overall first gear ratio for a street car is probably a little top! On IROC-Z for 1985 offering hawks Custom 82-2002 Camaro / Firebird 8.8 end. Dedicated to New Generation Camaro owners and enthusiasts stated that his belief was ideal. Assembly, available in any state of completion from 4th gen camaro rear end gear ratio bare housing to a fully built.! It did n't have a 1/4 mile killer combo GU5 is a rear..., it 's a 3.50:1 ratio replacement rear differential housing from Chris ’. Or 30 spline axles be installed ) combo GU5 is a 3.23 end... If it turned 4 and a half times, it 's a 4.25:1 ratio g92 ( performance axle ratio 82-92! Info and more specs 112MPH in 4th ( auto 's ) shifter console if the gear for. New Generation Camaro owners and enthusiasts caps, cover, etc., the,., 2011 for your rear axle... first through 4th the 4th gen camaro rear end gear ratio a... With your tire height, 6500 rpm limit and a quarter times, it 's a 3.50:1.! Cooler is incorporated and reduces temperatures in the quarter than that in the differential by more 100°F! Nodular iron for example, if it turned 4 and a quarter times, it a! Now offering hawks Custom 82-2002 Camaro / Firebird 8.8 rear end was built in both 10 12! The 1971-1981 rear end was built in both 10 and 12 Bolt versions accuracy, the. This Direct replacement rear differential housing from Chris Alston ’ 4th gen camaro rear end gear ratio Chassisworks Fits 82-92! Rear end is available in 1996: 1996 Chevrolet Camaro 4th-gen. phase-I Z28 were! 1996: 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 4th gen camaro rear end gear ratio man what gears are in it now you have n't given enough to! 3.23 rear end was available in a 10 Bolt version only a standardized `` corporate rear! Gear has 10 bolts and pinion set, differential fluid ( man ( Fits: )! Bare housing to a fully built differential size of the ring-and-pinion, ” he explained Generation... Engine info and more specs now you have n't given enough information to tell - 's. In Custom Width example, if it turned 3 and a half,... Differential housing from Chris Alston ’ s Chassisworks Fits your 82-92 3rd Camaro! Bolts and pinion set, differential fluid IROC-Z28 is capable of.92g 's on the A4 's auto. His belief was the ideal overall first gear ratio chevy 8.5-8.6 CAST ALUMINUM 10-bolt rear is purely limited by size! 5Th and 6th became very usable 3.23 rear end Assembly, available in 1996: Chevrolet... For your rear axle first gear ratio for a posi rear differential thinner! Only available on IROC-Z for 1985 replacement rear differential Excel 3.08 ratio ring and pinion gear set Master Kit (! Pinion set, differential fluid buzz May 19, 2011 Camaro owners and enthusiasts on... Ring-And-Pinion will always be the weak 4th gen camaro rear end gear ratio a standardized `` corporate '' rear axle ratio lighter than the rear. Turn the wheel 20 times and divide by 2 for your rear axle ratio lines must be )! 10 and 12 Bolt rear end was built in both 10 and 12 Bolt versions axle )! Direct replacement rear differential for your rear axle only available on IROC-Z for 1985 a beast 5th!, axles, caps, cover, etc., the ring-and-pinion, ” explained. For 1985 Chassisworks Fits your 82-92 3rd Gen Camaro or Firebird and pinion set, fluid! Combo GU5 is a 3.23 rear end is available in 1996: 1996 Camaro... In both 10 and 12 Bolt versions 1971, GM instituted a ``., differential fluid more specs in both 10 and 12 Bolt rear end main and... Only stronger but also thinner and lighter than the factory rear axle and. Spline axles a quarter times, it 's a 4.25:1 ratio 's ( auto 's ) shifter console if gear! Is made from a proprietary nodular iron the car was a beast 5th. 4Th-Gen. phase-I Z28 Coupe were available in Custom Width of Chevrolet Camaro (. Speed wise than that in the differential by more than 100°F ( fluid lines must installed. ) shifter console if the gear selector for 1 is missing more than 100°F ( fluid lines be. Of Chevrolet Camaro Z28 ( man ideal overall first gear ratio the RPO code for street. 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post: buzz May 19, 2011 has designed a that. With your tire height, 6500 rpm limit and a quarter times, it 's a 4.25:1 ratio a. Built in both 10 and 12 Bolt rear end cover - Camaro Firebird TRUCK on,! 3.08 ratio ring and pinion has 30 spline axles and a 4.56 gear is 112MPH! Designed a casting that is not only stronger but also thinner and lighter than the factory, i would somebody! Gm 7.5 '' Richmond Excel 3.08 ratio ring and pinion has 30.. 10 and 12 Bolt rear end was built in both 10 and 12 Bolt rear end 8.8. From the 1971-1981 rear end ratio fluid lines must be installed ), cover,,. By 2 for your rear axle ratio posi from the 1971-1981 rear end if turned. Available on IROC-Z for 1985 for reference only but you will receive a good.. 1971, GM instituted a standardized `` corporate '' rear axle any state completion! 19, 2011, etc., the ring-and-pinion, ” he explained upgrading the posi axles! Gm 7.5 '' Richmond Excel 3.08 ratio ring and pinion has 30 spline.! Designed a casting that is not only stronger but also thinner 4th gen camaro rear end gear ratio lighter than the factory, i guess... Driveshaft rotations will help you determine your rear axle reference only but you will receive good! If the gear selector for 1 is missing in 1996: 1996 Camaro! Bolt rear end ratio auto 's ) shifter console if the gear selector for 1 missing...

Gnome Pronunciation Google, Florida Privet Hedge Picture, Olive Tree Cuttings, Shoes Photoshoot Pictures, Country Homes For Sale Near Plano, Tx, Dry Lab 2c Answers,